Routerlogin.net : Netgear troubleshooting Steps
If your NETGEAR router is giving you trouble then consider the following steps:
- Try to restart your internet modem and the router. To do this you have to unplug the power cable from both devices that are from router and modem. After about 10 seconds plug it back and then restart your computer also.
- After waiting for about a minute check the Internet light on your modem. If it is on that means your modem is working fine and you are connected to the network. Also, check the Internet Light on Your Router.
How to test Internet Service Provider Connection And Modem?
- Establish a connection between your computer and modem with the help of an Ethernet Cable.
- Ensure that your wireless router is turned off. Now Restart Your Computer And Modem
- Once your computer restarts, open the web browser and go to the internet to check your connection, network, and modem.
If the above mentioned basic troubleshooting steps fail, you can try the following:
Resetting the Netgear Router
First, we will explain the steps for soft reset:
- Make sure your computer and Netgear wireless router are connected to each other.
- In the address bar of your browser type the default Gateway Web Address routerlogin.net or192.168.0.1 and login to your Netgear Router Setup Console.
NOTE: if the above web address does not work then try www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1
- You will be asked to enter the login credentials. Enter the default username =admin and default password = password.
- Once you login to your Netgear Router go toBackup Settings in which you will find an option for revert to Factory Default settings.
- Below this tab, Click On This will reset your Netgear wireless router to factory default settings. You may be asked to reboot. So for this restart your Netgear router and modem and try to set up the router again.
Now let us take you through hard reset for your Netgear router. This method is another way for those users for whom the soft reset did not work.
- Press the Reset Key located at the back of your Netgear Router. With the help of a paperclip or pen and press and hold for 20-30seconds until you see that all the lights start blinking together.
- Restart your router and try to set it up again.
Why do you need Netgear router firmware update?
The update is required because your old firmware might be outdated. Let us guide you more on the update procedure:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet
- Enter the web address for default gateway- routerlogin.net or192.168.0.1 If these do not work then you can try www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1
- Now you will log in to your Netgear router setup page to check for the updates.
- When prompted to enter username and password, type the default username=admin and default password= password.
- Once you finish the update please restart your computer and the router.
I am sure this blog will help you solve your Netgear router problems.