How to block or allow access to your Network in Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router?
The user with the help of the web interface of www.routerlogin.net, cannot only utilize the enhanced features of their device but also can cover up the basic feature of their Netgear Router. These devices can even be utilized to perform basic features i.e to allow or block access to the Network. With the help of the Access Rule feature, the user can perform this fundamental method in a convenient and suitable manner.
Steps to allow or block access to your Network in Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router
- Open a web browser on your laptop or computer connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate www.routerlogin.net or the IP address of the router to get to the default gateway of the router. The IP address of the Netgear Router is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, you can try any of them.
- As soon as you hit enter, the Netgear Router login page appears on your window.
- Mention “admin” on the username tab and type the password you assigned during the Netgear router setup. If you haven’t mentioned any password yet, type “password” as a default credential on the Netgear Router login page.
- Click on the login button and the menu dashboard of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Bring your cursor to the Advanced tab, select it then click on the Security tab then click on the “Access Control” tab. Access Control tab is going to get displayed on the screen.
- Now, to enable Access Control, Select “Turn on Access Control” Checkbox. In any circumstances, if this checkbox is not selected, all devices will be allowed to connect doesn’t matter if they are on the block list or not.
- Select the rule according to which you want your router to get connected to the network. If you select the first option i.e “All new devices are allowed to connect”. If you select this option, a new device selected by you automatically get connected to the network. The user also doesn’t have to enter the MAC address to connect new devices to the network.
- If you select the second option “Block all the new devices from connection” then in this case if you add a device, you have to enter the MAC address of the device to allow that device to get connected to the network.
- The access rule will only work for devices that are allowed or blocked after you apply these settings.
- Now to view the list of devices that are allowed or blocked within the network, click on any of the links.
- To view the devices that are allowed to connect to your network, click on “View list of allowed devices that are not currently connected to the network”. If you want to view the list of devices that are blocked from connecting to your network, click on “View list of the blocked device that is not currently connected to your network”. The list will get displayed according to the option you will choose.
How to specify MTU in the Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router?
MTU refers to the Maximum Transmission Unit is the measurement unit that measures the data packets that travel across the internet while one device communicates to another. In case, if a device receiving a data pack that is using a lower maximum transmission unit, then the data packets should be sent in a fragmented or split form to accommodate the device with the required MTU.
It is usually recommended to keep MTU as a default value but even then if you encounter an MTU problem, the common solution is to reduce it down to 1400. The maximum MTU size that a user can state is 1500.
Steps to specify MTU in Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router
- Open a browser on a computer or laptop connected to the home network.
- Now mention the IP address or www.routerlogin.net on the web address of the browser. The IP address of Netgear Router either is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Press enter and login screen of Netgear Router opens up on your window.
- Enter the username as “admin” and the password with the set of characters you set during the Netgear Router setup. Mention “password” as a default credential, if you haven’t set any password yet.
- After mentioning credentials, click on the login button and the basic home page of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Now, select the Advanced tab, click on the setup tab, then click on the “WAN Setup” tab. WAN setup page displays on the screen.
- Enter a value in the MTU size field between 64 to 1500, click on the apply button and the settings will get applied according to it.