NetGear Nighthawk XR500 comes with 512MB of RAM and 256MB of flash-storage space, and sports 1.7GHz dual-core processor. The dual-band router can move up to 800Mbps in the 2.4GHz mode as well as up to 1,733Mbps in the 5GHz mode for a theoretical limit of 2.533Gbps.
Why NetGear Nighthawk XR500 Best?
- Fiery Fast Wi-Fi speed up to 2.3 Gbps.
- MU-MIMO—Multi-user MIMO implements simultaneous streaming to mobile devices
- DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
- GIGABIT WIRED: It is ideal for HD gaming & video
- GAMING DASHBOARD: It provides a customizable view of real-time bandwidth utilization by the device, ping, etc.
- GEO-FILTER: It monitors and controls your lag by limiting distance to game servers or other players
How I can access the NetGear Nighthawk XR500 router?
- Open your web browser from a computer that is connected to your router network.
- Press enter.
- It will direct you to the login authentication page with two field user name and password.
- Enter the credentials.
- The default user name is admin.
- The default password is password.
- Enter credentials in the respective fields.
- Press enter.
- If you are login is successful, It will direct you to a BASIC home page.
Note: Enter the updated credentials if you have changed the username and password of your router.
You can also use Netgear Genie app to control and monitor the activities of Netgear Nighthawk XR500.
How to specify the basic Wi-Fi settings on NetGear Nighthawk XR500 Pro Gaming Router?
To specify basic Wi-Fi settings, one should follow the below steps:
- Open a web browser from a smart device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar, you will be re-directed to login authentication page.
- Enter the router’s admin user name and password credentials.
- The user name is admin. Enter your password that you specified the first time that you logged in.
- It will direct you to the Dashboard display page.
- On Dashboard display select Settings > Setup > Wireless Setup.
It will direct you to The Wireless Settings page displays.
You can select the settings for the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band.
- You can also select your region from the Region menu.
- If you want that your router should automatically select the fastest Wi-Fi band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) for your device, select the Enable Smart Connect check box.
- Make sure to select or clear the Enable SSID Broadcast checkbox. The router newscasts its SSID so that it displays when you scan for local Wi-Fi networks on your computer or mobile device.
- Change Network Name: To change the network name (SSID), type a new name in the Name (SSID) field. The router’s name can be up to 32 characters long and it is case-sensitive. The default SSID is randomly developed and is on the router label. Click the Apply button.
Settings are saved.
- You can connect to the network wirelessly with its new settings.