How to enable Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120)?
Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) on Nighthawk router improves the router’s Internet traffic management capabilities by providing better application and device identification. It improves traffic control through bandwidth allocation and traffic or device prioritization techniques. Setting up the Dynamic QoS feature on the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120) resolves traffic congestion when the Internet bandwidth is quite limited and different devices compete for bandwidth. This ensure effective gaming experience while using the RAX 120 router.
Enabling Dynamic QoS feature on your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120) is helpful If your Internet download and upload speed is 250 Mbps or less and you want to have an enhanced gaming and video streaming experience. Because the Dynamic QoS feature is not used by everyone, it is disabled by default and you have to enable it on your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router – RAX120 following the steps below:
- Load a web browser on your computer or mobile device that is connected to the router’s network through wired or wirelessly.
- Enter the Netgear router login web address www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com to log into the Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120) web interface.
- The Netgear router login screen for Netgear Nighthawk R120 gets displayed prompting for the default login information.
- Enter the Netgear router default login details – user name as admin and password as password keeping in mind that the login information is case sensitive.
- You enter the web interface of the router and the Netgear Nighthawk R120 router’s BASIC Home screen displays.
- Select the Dynamic QoS option on the web interface and enable Dynamic QoS check box to enable the Dynamic QoS feature on the Nighthawk RAX 120 router.
- When prompted to specify your Internet bandwidth, specify your Internet bandwidth to allow the Dynamic QoS to perform bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization on the router network.
- Allow Speed test to determine your Internet bandwidth by clicking on the Speed test button.
- Note: For getting more accurate Speed test results, you must ensure that no other devices are accessing your router Internet.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings made on the Netgear Nighthawk RAX 120.
- Following the enabling of dynamic QoS after routerlogin.net login, a link is displayed on the bottom of the screen to let you view bandwidth utilization and the Attached Devices.