Automatic firmware update on Nighthawk AX8 router – Routerlogin.net
Automatic firmware update on your Nighthawk AX8 router requires login into the router’s dashboard for firmware update using Netgear router login default web domain routerlogin.net. The Netgear smart wizard automatically checks for availability of any new firmware versions and follows firmware update.
- Launch a web browser on the computer that is connected to the wireless network of Nighthawk AX8 router using the wired connection by Ethernet cable.
Note: The wired ethernet cable connection is recommended for firmware upgrade process for avoiding any interferences in the wireless network.
- Log to your Nighthawk AX8 router by entering routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com as default netgear router web login in the address bar of the web browser.
- The login window pops on the screen prompting to enter the Nighthawk AX8 router login details.
- Enter the routerlogin.net default Nighthawk AX8 router login user name and password in case you have not changed or personalized them on previous login attempt.
- The default routerlogin.net user Id is admin and the default routerlogin.net password is password.
- On successful routerlogin.net netgear router login, Basic home page of the Nighthawk AX8 router appears.
- select the advanced option on the home setup page.
- Click on the Administration option.
- Select the Firmware Update option displayed under the administration.
- On the firmware update screen,
- You are given options to upgrade the firmware on Nighthawk AX8 router by selecting the check button (for automatic firmware update) or by selecting the browse button to locate and upload the firmware file (manual firmware update).
- click on the Check button which allows automatic firmware update if a new version is available.
- Also, enable the router auto firmware update on the screen to update the Nighthawk AX8 router automatically in future on release of latest firmware versions.
- The automatic firmware will start and the router will reboot on its own following the completion of the firmware update on Nighthawk AX8 router.