The Netgear AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender amplifies and boosts the Wi-Fi signal with its Fast Lane 3 technology with speeds up to 3Gbps. It helps in elimination of Wi-Fi dead zones and extends the Wi-Fi range to areas experiencing no network signal or low Wi-Fi signals. Its positive feature is that is works well with any Wi-Fi router. It provides enhanced Wi-Fi range and speed without any drop in the bandwidth. Unlike other extenders, Nighthawk X6S – AC3000 extender creates a seamless network all around your home using the same Wi-Fi network name (SSID) as your home router.
For extending the range of your Wi-Fi network using the Netgear AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender, you must connect the extender to your existing home Wi-Fi network in one of two ways of Netgear extender setup or Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 router setup
- Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) or
- Using NETGEAR installation assistant
Setting up your Netgear AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender using the NETGEAR installation assistant:
- Plug in your Netgear extender into the power source and turn it on. Let the power LED on the extender light green indicating it is receiving power. If the power LED does not light up, press the power button.
- Place your Netgear extender close to your home Wi-Fi router.
- Connect your networking device – computer or mobile phone to the extender using either a wireless connection over Wi-Fi using no password for Wi-Fi connectivity or wired connection over Ethernet cable that connects the Ethernet port on the Netgear AC3000 extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- From the connected device, launch a web browser to log into the Netgear extender’s setup page using local web address www.mywifiext.net.
- The NETGEAR installation assistant will automatically display on mywifiext.net login.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to connect your Netgear extender to your existing home Wi-Fi router network for extending the wireless network.
- Move your Netgear AC3000 extender to a new location which should be halfway between your router and the area having a poor or no Wi-Fi signal.
Ensure that the location for placement of your Netgear extender must be within range of your existing Wi-Fi router network which is to be extended. Take the help of the Link Status LED to choose an optimal location where the extender-to-router connection is maximum.
- Check the Link Status LED to ensure optimal extender-to-router connection, which should light stable white.
- Finally, connect your client devices to the Netgear AC3000 extender’s extended Wi-Fi network.