Netgear firmware update has its legacy following it since its inception as a networking device manufacturer. It is one of the most trusted brand names when it comes to the wireless networking devices such as the modem, router, Ethernet cords, and power supply adapters etc. Netgear is always concerned for its user’s convenience so that they don’t have to face any issues while configuring the router.
Netgear has launched some of the most technically advanced series of devices like the Nighthawk Pro Gaming and Orbi Home Wi-Fi systems. These wireless devices have changed the complete aspect of wireless networking as they render a blazingly fast data speed over the wireless as well as wired network.
Netgear has taken one more step further by developing and launching the Netgear Genie desktop application which can be used to configure and customize the router in a much simpler way comparatively.
Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 router
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 wireless routers are one of its kind routers with some of the tech-oriented specifications. The Nighthawk X10 AD7200 router is a Pro Gaming router that has a powerful 1.7 GHz Quad-core processor, DFS channels, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS etc.
Updating the firmware of Netgear wireless router
Updating the firmware of Netgear nighthawk or some other routers is always necessary as the update in the firmware of the router brings in some performance boost of the router. The Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 wireless router can be easily accessed through the Nighthawk application developed by Netgear. Users can configure and update the firmware of their Nighthawk routers through this app much easier.
- Open the Netgear website www.netgear.com and navigate towards downloads section and enter your router device model number and download the update if any released.
- Now, open your browser again and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and enter the login credentials for accessing the router setup portal i.e. username and password.
- (The default value for the username and password is “admin” and “password” respectively)
- Now select the tools tab and then firmware update tab.
- Click on the browse button to select the downloaded update file from the location where it has been saved.
- Select and open the update file and the uploading will start itself with an indicator bar below. It is recommended that the user should wait for the upload to finish properly.
- After the upload is complete, the router will get a reboot probably to make the latest changes effective.
Some important points regarding the router update
- The router update can erase the whole configuration and you might need to configure the router all again.
- It is strongly recommended to use a wired connection while performing the router firmware update as it is much reliable as compared to the wireless connection.
- Make sure the power supply to the router is not interrupted in any case as it can corrupt the firmware of the router.
- Use the updated and latest versions of the web browsers or applications through which you are upgrading the firmware of the router
Importance of netgear firmware update of the router
- Update in a firmware of a router enhances the security and other safety details of the router.
- The firmware can often become more responsive as the older versions of firmware lags behind sometimes.
- The Update in the firmware can remove any bugs or firmware issues present in the router.
- Additional features can be introduced in the router through its netgear firmware update.
- Parental controls, media prioritization, User prioritization, and other features can be added in the dashboard of the router.
Important- It is important to note that the users don’t need to bother about the security measures of the router if they have updated the firmware of their router. Moreover, if you are using the Netgear Genie setup wizard for your router customization or configuration, then make sure that you have the latest firmware version on the router.