How to avoid a block on a trusted computer in Netgear AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi router?
The user can avoid a device from getting blocked in order to allow it to access the Internet service. You can categorize this specific device in an exception category that will allow it to access your internet even when all nearby devices are being blocked. The only condition that this device has to follow is that it must be using a fixed IP address in order to follow up this procedure. With the help of the web interface of routerlogin.net, the user can use this procedure.
Steps to avoid blocking on a trusted computer through Netgear AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi router
- Launch a browser in your computer connected to the home network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 as the web address bar of the browser. While encountering connection error, the user can switch any of it to get to the web address bar of the browser.
- Hit enter button and Netgear Router login screen appear on the screen.
- Mention the login credentials on the login window of the router screen.
- Click on OK button and the home screen of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Go to the advanced tab, click on the Security tab and then click on the block sites tab.
- Block Sites page get displayed on the screen.
- Scroll down your page and select “Allow Trusted IP address to visit blocked websites checkbox”
- Type down the IP address of a trusted computer in a Trusted IP address field.
- Click on the Apply button and the changes you made will get saved.
How to change the MTU size in the Netgear AD7200 Wi-Fi router?
MTU is basically a maximum amount of data that can be sent over a segment. MTU determines the largest amount of data packets that can be transferred in a segment. The more amount of data packet will be sent in a segment, the more amount of speed will a user will receive. Default MTU size of a Netgear router is considered as 1400 and is advised to not be changed as it can cause various connection problems. MTU size of a Netgear Router can be changed through the web interface of the routerlogin.net or can also be through the Netgear Genie app.
Steps to change the MTU size in the Netgear AD7200 Wi-Fi router
- Open a web browser in your wireless device connected to the local network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or the web address of the browser. The user can also type the LAN IP address of the browser. The IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1
- Netgear Router login screen appears on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username tab as a default login credentials. If you haven’t set the password yet, type “password” as a default password on the login window. Both the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Go to Advanced tab, select the Setup tab then click on WAN setup tab.
- WAN setup page displays on your screen.
- Enter the value between 64 and 1500 in the MTU size field.
- Click on Apply button and the new settings will take over the former one.