Netgear Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi 6 router’s firmware Update – Routerlogin.net
For manual firmware update on Nighthawk AX8 router, you require to download the firmware for your router from the Netgear official support site as a zip file ending with .img or .chk extension. You should save the required firmware downloaded file on your desktop to use it during the firmware update process for uploading after unzipping the file.
- Launch a web browser on the desktop computer that is connected to the Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router using the wired connection by Ethernet cable.
Note: The wired Ethernet cable connection between the Nighthawk AX8 and your computer is recommended for firmware upgrade process for avoiding any interference in the wireless network and it is advised to not to use wireless connection mode.
- Log to your Nighthawk AX8 router through routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com as default web address for netgear router login in the address bar of the web browser.
- The login window pops on the screen prompting to enter the Nighthawk AX8 router login details.
- Enter the default Nighthawk AX8 router login user name and password in case you have not changed or personalized them on previous login attempt via routerlogin.net.
- The default Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router user Id is admin and the password is password by default.
- On successful routerlogin.net netgear router login, Basic home page of the Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router appears.
- select the advanced option on the Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router home setup page.
- Click on the Administration option.
- Select the Firmware Update option displayed under the administration.
- On the firmware update screen, select amongst the two options to upgrade the firmware on Nighthawk AX8 router by selecting the check button (for automatic firmware update) or by selecting the choose file or browse button to locate and upload the firmware file (manual firmware update).
- Click on Choose File or Browse option to upgrade the firmware on Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi 6 router manually.
- Locate and highlight the saved firmware zip file on your desktop and click Open and Upload it further to begin firmware update.
- Your Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router will reboot after the firmware has been uploaded following routerlogin.net.
If your Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router fails to reboot, go to the Router Status page to confirm whether the new firmware version has been successfully uploaded
How to enable Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120)?
Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) on Nighthawk router improves the router’s Internet traffic management capabilities by providing better application and device identification. It improves traffic control through bandwidth allocation and traffic or device prioritization techniques. Setting up the Dynamic QoS feature on the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120) resolves traffic congestion when the Internet bandwidth is quite limited and different devices compete for bandwidth. This ensure effective gaming experience while using the RAX 120 router.
Enabling Dynamic QoS feature on your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120) is helpful If your Internet download and upload speed is 250 Mbps or less and you want to have an enhanced gaming and video streaming experience. Because the Dynamic QoS feature is not used by everyone, it is disabled by default and you have to enable it on your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router – RAX120 following the steps below:
- Load a web browser on your computer or mobile device that is connected to the router’s network through wired or wirelessly.
- Enter the Netgear router login web address www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com to log into the Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120) web interface.
- The Netgear router login screen for Netgear Nighthawk R120 gets displayed prompting for the default login information.
- Enter the Netgear router default login details – user name as admin and password as password keeping in mind that the login information is case sensitive.
- You enter the web interface of the router and the Netgear Nighthawk R120 router’s BASIC Home screen displays.
- Select the Dynamic QoS option on the web interface and enable Dynamic QoS check box to enable the Dynamic QoS feature on the Nighthawk RAX 120 router.
- When prompted to specify your Internet bandwidth, specify your Internet bandwidth to allow the Dynamic QoS to perform bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization on the router network.
- Allow Speed test to determine your Internet bandwidth by clicking on the Speed test button.
- Note: For getting more accurate Speed test results, you must ensure that no other devices are accessing your router Internet.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings made on the Netgear Nighthawk RAX 120.
- Following the enabling of dynamic QoS after routerlogin.net login, a link is displayed on the bottom of the screen to let you view bandwidth utilization and the Attached Devices.