Connecting Wireless Devices to Your Netgear nighthawk r6050 Smart Wi-Fi Router
You can connect wireless computers and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the wireless network of your Netgear Nighthawk r6050 smart Wi-Fi router manually or using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) method for Netgear router login using routerlogin.net to perform Netgear router setup.
Wireless connectivity using Manual Method:
- Open the software utility on your device that you want to connect to your Netgear nighthawk r6050 Smart Wi-Fi Router.
Note: The software utility scans for all wireless networks in your area and displays them enlisted on the device screen.
- Locate the preset NETGEAR wireless security settings – network name (SSID) and network key (password) mentioned on the bottom of your Netgear nighthawk r6050 Smart Wi-Fi Router’s label.
- Connect to the Netgear nighthawk r6050 Smart Wi-Fi router’s wireless network name SSID by clicking on it from the displayed list on your device.
Note: Select the preset default SSID of your wireless network in case you have not changed it during the Netgear router setup process.
- Enter the preset wireless password (or your changed/personalized password if you changed it), and click on Connect to get connected to the router’s wireless network.
- You can add more wireless devices to your Netgear nighthawk r6050 Smart Wi-Fi router’s wireless network following steps all the above steps.
You must update your wireless security settings – SSID and password for added security from unauthorized access by logging into the Netgear router by entering http://www.routerlogin.net in a web browser and entering the default Netgear router login information – user name (admin) and password (password) by default. You can then Select Wireless Settings option on the Netgear Nighthawk r6050 router dashboard which will display your default wireless password that you can change further.
Routerlogin.net – Wireless connectivity using WPS Method:
If your Wi-Fi enabled or wireless device supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), which is also called Push ‘N’ Connect alternatively, you will be prompted to press the WPS button located on your Netgear Nighthawk r6050 router instead of using wireless network key.
- Press the WPS button located on the Netgear Nighthawk r6050 router.
- Within next two minutes, press the WPS button on device to be connected to the wireless network of Netgear Nighthawk r6050 router.
- Note: for any difficulyt, you can go through the WPS instructions that came with your Netgear Nighthawk r6050 router to follow the completion of the WPS process.
- Your device will then be connected to your Netgear Nighthawk r6050 router.
- You can further add more WPS wireless devices by repeating the above procedure.
- Note: WPS does not support WEP security. If you try to connect a WEP client to your network using WPS, it will not work