Establishing wired cable connections – Netgear router setup
- Position the antennas included with the Netgear XR450 gaming router.
- Disconnect the modem being used from power outlet or back up battery – whichever is being used.
- Establish connection between your Netgear XR450 gaming router and the modem to setup a home network. Use an Ethernet cable that attaches both modem and router and connects the router at the yellow internet port.
- Connect the modem and the Netgear XR450 gaming router to a power source and turn them on.
- Check the status LED lights to ensure successful power connection. The Netgear XR450 router’s Power LED will light solid white when the router receives power.
Netgear router configuration – via routerlogin.net
For performing Netgear router login prior to Netgear router setup, you must ensure that the Netgear XR450 router is receiving power and the power LED on the Wi-Fi On/Off button is lit.
- Note down your Netgear XR450 router’s default wireless settings mentioned on the router’s label to enter when asked for Netgear router setup of wireless network.
- Connect your computer or other networking device to the Netgear XR450 router’s wireless network using the wireless network name SSID and wireless network password/ security key located above for successful Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Open a web browser on your computer or networking device to access the Netgear XR450 router for routerlogin.net login to begin with Netgear router setup.
- The installation assistant of the Netgear XR450 router will automatically displays on routerlogin.net login.
- Or visit www.routerlogin.net by entering it in the web browser for Netgear router login.
- The Netgear XR450 gaming router’s login window will displays on routerlogin.net login.
- Enter the default Netgear router login details – admin and password in username and password field respectively for successful routerlogin.net login.
- Follow the onscreen prompts displayed on the computer screen for installation and setup of Netgear XR450 gaming router to connect to the Internet.
- The Netgear XR450 router’s Internet LED will light solid white when the router is successfully connected to the Internet.