Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router’s firmware update| routerlogin.net admin
Download the firmware for your Nighthawk AX12 router from the Netgear official support site as a zip file ensuring that it ends with .img or .chk extension. Save the required downloaded file on your desktop to use it for uploading during the firmware update process. The file requires to be unzipped before uploading on the Nighthawk AX12 router.
- Launch a web browser on the desktop computer that is connected to the Nighthawk AX12 router using the wired cable connection with Ethernet cable.
Note: it sis recommended to connect the computer and your Nighthawk AX12 router with the wired connection using ethernet cable for firmware upgrade process for avoiding any wireless network loss or interruption which is possible in wireless connections.
- Log to your Nighthawk AX12 router dashboard through routerlogin.net admin or routerlogin.com as default web address for netgear router login.
- The login window pops on the screen prompting to enter the default Nighthawk AX12 router login details.
- Enter the default router login user name and password mentioned on the Nighthawk AX12 router’s label, which is supposed to be admin and password respectively by default.
- The Nighthawk AX12 router dashboard will be reached out following routerlogin.net admin login.
- Select the advanced option on the Nighthawk AX12 dashboard.
- Click on the Administration option.
- Select the Firmware Update option on the dashboard located under the administration tab.
- On the Nighthawk AX12 dashboard – firmware update screen, select upgrading the firmware either by using the check button (for automatic firmware update) or using the choose file or browse button to locate zip file and upload the firmware file (for manual firmware update).
- Click on Choose File or Browse option on Nighthawk AX12 dashboard to upgrade the firmware manually.
- Locate and highlight the saved firmware zip file for Nighthawk AX12 router model on your desktop and click Open and Upload for manual firmware update.
- Your Nighthawk AX12 router will reboot after the latest firmware has been uploaded following routerlogin.net login.
- In case your Nighthawk AX12 router fails to reboot after the firmware upload, select the Router Status page to confirm whether the new firmware version has been successfully uploaded or not.
Automatic firmware update on Nighthawk AX8 router – Routerlogin.net
Automatic firmware update on your Nighthawk AX8 router requires login into the router’s dashboard for firmware update using Netgear router login default web domain routerlogin.net. The Netgear smart wizard automatically checks for availability of any new firmware versions and follows firmware update.
- Launch a web browser on the computer that is connected to the wireless network of Nighthawk AX8 router using the wired connection by Ethernet cable.
Note: The wired ethernet cable connection is recommended for firmware upgrade process for avoiding any interferences in the wireless network.
- Log to your Nighthawk AX8 router by entering routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com as default netgear router web login in the address bar of the web browser.
- The login window pops on the screen prompting to enter the Nighthawk AX8 router login details.
- Enter the routerlogin.net default Nighthawk AX8 router login user name and password in case you have not changed or personalized them on previous login attempt.
- The default routerlogin.net user Id is admin and the default routerlogin.net password is password.
- On successful routerlogin.net netgear router login, Basic home page of the Nighthawk AX8 router appears.
- select the advanced option on the home setup page.
- Click on the Administration option.
- Select the Firmware Update option displayed under the administration.
- On the firmware update screen,
- You are given options to upgrade the firmware on Nighthawk AX8 router by selecting the check button (for automatic firmware update) or by selecting the browse button to locate and upload the firmware file (manual firmware update).
- click on the Check button which allows automatic firmware update if a new version is available.
- Also, enable the router auto firmware update on the screen to update the Nighthawk AX8 router automatically in future on release of latest firmware versions.
- The automatic firmware will start and the router will reboot on its own following the completion of the firmware update on Nighthawk AX8 router.
Netgear XR300 – Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router can be setup using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app that allows quick installation with ease and also helps in setting up connection to the Internet. The NETGEAR Nighthawk app needs to be installed on the mobile device and is available for iOS and Android mobile devices. You can also use computer and web browser for the Installation and Setup of Netgear XR300 via routerlogin.net Netgear router login and Netgear router setup using Netgear Smart setup Wizard.
Installation and Setup of Netgear XR300 – Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app:
- Attach the antennas to the Netgear XR300 router included within the package.
- Connect your modem to the Internet port on your Netgear XR300 router to establish home network.
- Power on both your modem and router.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi status LED to light thus indicating stable connection.
- Download the NETGEAR Nighthawk app on your iOS or Android mobile device and install it safely.
- Open the Settings of your mobile device and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Search for the Netgear XR300 router’s wireless network and connect to the Wi-Fi network using the default SSID and security key/password for the Wi-Fi connection.
- Locate the default Netgear XR300 router’s Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and network key (password) mentioned on the router label.
- Launch the NETGEAR Nighthawk app installed on your mobile device.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the mobile screen by the app to install your Netgear XR300 router and connecting to the Internet – Linksys router setup
This completes the Installation and Setup of Netgear XR300 router using the Netgear Nighthawk app. Netgear Nighthawk app setup the router without any need of accessing the web browser through routerlogin.net.
Netgear routers have proven to deliver fast and more reliable Wi-Fi speeds at both short and long ranges compared to other networking or gaming routers. They have an easily accessible dashboard for getting through the router’s features and settings to personalize wireless network from the router as well connections to the other devices. Routerlogin.net allows to set up and login to the delivers solid performance handling crowded networks very well at both short and long ranges.
Netgear Nighthawk R6900P router is a Smart Wi-Fi router with a fast Wi-Fi performance and is loaded with advanced Wi-Fi technology for reliable networking and high end gaming experience.
- Delivers Solid performance
- Easy to setup through web browser (via routerlogin.net) or through Nighthawk app.
- functional load-balancing band steering feature which automatically assigns your Netgear Nighthawk R6900P router’s wireless network connected devices to the best wireless router band by distributing connected devices to its two wireless bands.
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band network for providing longer ranges.
- Solid Beam forming technology for hassle free and buffer free gaming and video streaming
- MU-MIMO technology for providing simultaneous streaming to multiple devices.
Netgear R6900P Nighthawk is a high-performance router and to get started, you need to get your router online by setting up and making it secure with the following steps:
Netgear router setup – Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router setup
- Remove the antenna caps from the back of the Nighthawk R7000P router.
- Attach the three antennae to the antenna ports
- Orient the antennas by setting the left and right antennae at about 45-degree angle.
- Plug in the Nighthawk R7000P router to a power source.
- You have to connect your modem by connecting the Ethernet cable from your DSL or cable modem to the bright yellow Internet port of your Nighthawk R7000P router.
- Connect your computer to the Nighthawk R7000P router using wired or wireless connections.
- Access the wireless internet settings on your computer and open them by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen on Windows.
- Under the wireless network connections, connect to your Nighthawk R7000P router with its unique name found on the bottom of the device and on a sticker in the packaging.
- Also enter the password for your connection which is included with your router.
- Connect the computer to the Nighthawk R7000P router using an Ethernet cable at one of the available four LAN ports on the router.
- Access the Netgear smart setup wizard by logging in to your Nighthawk R7000P router via routerlogin.net as explained below.
- Open the web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Nighthawk R7000P router’s wireless network.
- Type routerlogin.net as your default Netgear router login gateway or type Netgear router login router’s IP address http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then press Enter.
- A Nighthawk R7000P router login window opens.
- Enter the router user name and password for Nighthawk R7000P router login via routerlogin.net.
- The Nighthawk R7000P router default login user name is admin and the default password is password as is for all the netgear routers for default login via routerlogin.net.
- You will be directed to the Nighthawk R7000P router’s setup page automatically
Nighthawk R6900P router using the WPS wizard – Routerlogin.net
- Following routerlogin.net login to the dashboard, click on ADVANCED option and then click on the WPS Wizard tab, WPS connection note will get displayed.
- Select a radio button to select WPS setup method for Nighthawk R6900P router setup.
- Either select the Push button feature or the PIN Number radio button to connect to the Nighthawk R6900P router’s wireless network.
- go to the client device to get connected and use its WPS software to connect to the wireless or Wi-Fi network of Nighthawk R6900P router.
The WPS process for Nighthawk R6900P router setup automatically sets up your client device with the router’s wireless network using the wireless network password to connects to your network. The Nighthawk R6900P router WPS page displays the confirmation message after the setup of WPS connection using the WPS wizard.
Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router Setup – Routerlogin.net
Using the Internet Setup Wizard on your Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router – Netgear router setup
The easy and quick way for setting up Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router to use your Internet connection is to allow the Netgear genie to detect the Internet connection while you are accessing the router for the first time through routerlogin.net from a web browser. You can also customize or specify your Internet settings on the Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router automatically through internet Setup wizard or manually through setting up an internet connection.
The Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Setup Wizard can be used to detect the Internet settings and thereby automatically set up your Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router after routerlogin.net -Netgear router login. The Setup Wizard screen of the router does not display on first access to the router for setup. It requires to be accessed through Netgear router login via routerlogin.net to use the Setup Wizard.
Steps for Using the Internet Setup Wizard on your Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router – Netgear router setup:
- Open a web browser on your computer or wireless networking device that is connected to the network through a wired or wireless connection over Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi respectively.
- Enter the Netgear router login default web addresses – http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com to reach the Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router’s login screen.
- The login screen prompts you to enter the default Netgear router login details, thereby Enter the default routerlogin.net user name as admin and the default routerlogin.net password as password.
- The BASIC Home screen of the Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router displays following routerlogin.net login.
- Select ADVANCED and then click on the Setup Wizard tab.
- Select the Yes on the radio button, otherwise you are taken to the Internet Setup screen for Manually Setting up the Internet Connection on your Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router on selecting No on the radio button.
- Click on the Next button which lets the Setup Wizard search for the Internet connection for servers and protocols to determine your Internet configuration.
On connecting the Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart Wi-Fi Router to the Internet, you will be prompted to download and install the free NETGEAR Desktop genie app and the free ReadySHARE Vault app, which you install as per your requirement and priority.
Routerlogin.net : Netgear troubleshooting Steps
If your NETGEAR router is giving you trouble then consider the following steps:
- Try to restart your internet modem and the router. To do this you have to unplug the power cable from both devices that are from router and modem. After about 10 seconds plug it back and then restart your computer also.
- After waiting for about a minute check the Internet light on your modem. If it is on that means your modem is working fine and you are connected to the network. Also, check the Internet Light on Your Router.
How to test Internet Service Provider Connection And Modem?
- Establish a connection between your computer and modem with the help of an Ethernet Cable.
- Ensure that your wireless router is turned off. Now Restart Your Computer And Modem
- Once your computer restarts, open the web browser and go to the internet to check your connection, network, and modem.
If the above mentioned basic troubleshooting steps fail, you can try the following:
Resetting the Netgear Router
First, we will explain the steps for soft reset:
- Make sure your computer and Netgear wireless router are connected to each other.
- In the address bar of your browser type the default Gateway Web Address routerlogin.net or192.168.0.1 and login to your Netgear Router Setup Console.
NOTE: if the above web address does not work then try www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1
- You will be asked to enter the login credentials. Enter the default username =admin and default password = password.
- Once you login to your Netgear Router go toBackup Settings in which you will find an option for revert to Factory Default settings.
- Below this tab, Click On This will reset your Netgear wireless router to factory default settings. You may be asked to reboot. So for this restart your Netgear router and modem and try to set up the router again.
Now let us take you through hard reset for your Netgear router. This method is another way for those users for whom the soft reset did not work.
- Press the Reset Key located at the back of your Netgear Router. With the help of a paperclip or pen and press and hold for 20-30seconds until you see that all the lights start blinking together.
- Restart your router and try to set it up again.
Why do you need Netgear router firmware update?
The update is required because your old firmware might be outdated. Let us guide you more on the update procedure:
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet
- Enter the web address for default gateway- routerlogin.net or192.168.0.1 If these do not work then you can try www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1
- Now you will log in to your Netgear router setup page to check for the updates.
- When prompted to enter username and password, type the default username=admin and default password= password.
- Once you finish the update please restart your computer and the router.
I am sure this blog will help you solve your Netgear router problems.