Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router login and setup
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router is one of the best wireless networking devices available. The Netgear Nighthawk AX12 has several crucial high-end features like dual-band wifi frequency, wireless as well as wired speeds of 1.2 GBPS, backward compatibility, and extremely large wifi range, etc.
Besides these features, This Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router has dual USB ports, 5 ethernet ports and a powerful processor inside, thus making this router the best choice for the users worldwide.
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router setup
Setting up any Netgear Nighthawk router is quite an easy and quick process as Netgear has provided several convenient options for accessing the user interface of their Nighthawk and other smart router’s interface. The user setup interface of these routers can be easily accessed through one of the below-mentioned methods. These have been listed below.
- Netgear Nighthawk AX12 setup via routerlogin.net (web interface)
- Netgear Nighthawk AX12 setup via Nighthawk or Netgear Genie application
- Netgear router setup via the default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router setup via routerlogin.net
Installing and configuring your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router via www.routerlogin.net is the most commonly used method for accessing and setting up your networking device. Let us show how you can easily get into your router setup portal and manage it thereof with the help of this offline web address of routerlogin.net. Read the steps listed below carefully.
Hardware connection setup
- First and the primary thing to do is to establish the proper hardware connection between the modem, router, and the computer system.
- We strongly recommend using the wired cable connections for configuring your Netgear router as that is much reliable and secure.
- Now, connect your modem to the internet port of your router with the help of an Ethernet cable provided with the devices.
- Also, connect your computer system to one of the LAN ports of the router with the help of another Ethernet cable.
- Also, it is to be noted that the powers supply cords need to be connected to all the devices and this modem and router should be stable and booted up properly.
- Now, launch a web browser on your PC and enter the web link www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser, a small pop up window will be displayed.
- Enter the default login details like the username and password which is “admin” and “password” by default.
- Now, select the “administration” tab and then click the “WAN” tab and select the proper connection type from the drop-down list of connection types.
- Enter the correct details like username and password in the required fields provided by your Internet service providers.
- Follow the onscreen guide to complete the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router setup process. Users can also keep login password for their Netgear router by selecting the “Wireless>security” tab and then select a strong login password combination for the router access.
- Click the “save and apply” setting tab to complete the Netgear router setup process and make sure the router reboots properly so that all the settings are being written on the router’s memory properly.
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 firmware
How do I update the firmware of my Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router?
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router is an easy task and anyone can do it easily within few minutes of time. The Netgear router setup interface also needs to be accessed for updating its firmware. Let us show you the detailed procedure for getting the firmware update done.
Downloading the firmware update file for your Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router
- Visit www.netgear.com and navigate to the Support and Download section of the website.
- Enter in the exact device model number of your router i.e. Netgear Nighthawk AX12 and select the “check for updates” button. It will redirect to a web link from where the firmware update file can be downloaded.\
- Once the update file is downloaded and saved in the local storage of your PC. This update file might be in a zipped folder that you may need to unzip first.
- Now, launch the web browser again and hit in the address, www.routerlogin.net and log in by providing the login credentials i.e. username and password of the router.
- Click the “router admin>firmware” tabs and then click the “update firmware” tab.
- You will be asked to locate and select the firmware update file from the local storage of your PC where you have saved it.
- Once located and opened, the Netgear Nighthawk router’s interface will automatically get the Netgear firmware updated within few minutes.