What exactly is Geo filter and how to set it up on my Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming router?
Before showing how you can use this Geo-filter feature on your Netgear Nighthawk gaming router, let us show you what exactly this Geo-filter is. This Geo filter is an essential feature for gaming enthusiasts. Geo-filter service significantly reduces the lag while gaming and through this Geo-filter, you can also set a maximum distance between you and the servers through which the live game or other media is being served. The Geo-filter technology, in other words, eliminates the buffer and lag that can cause due to the interruption occurred by multiple users connected to a single server.
Here in this section, let us show how you can easily set up this Geo-filter feature on your Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming router. For this, you will be required to access your Netgear Nighthawk router’s web-based interface through www.routerlogin.net.
- It is assumed that your hardware is set up and stable for the configuration.
- Open the web browser and enter the address http://routerlogin.net in its URL bar.
- A login window of the router will be displayed in which the username and password need to be entered. The default username and password are “admin” and “password” respectively.
- Note that these login details are case sensitive and the users need to enter these login values carefully.
- Now that you have successfully accessed the home page of the Netgear Nighthawk Pro gaming router, click the Geo-filter >ADD DEVICE.
- Then click the “Show all devices” checkbox to get the list of devices displayed.
- Select the device that you want to add this Geo-filter for and then click done or save and apply tab (whichever is displayed).
- Now, you will have to select the filtering or spectating mode checkboxes. Both these modes i.e. filtering mode and spectating mode have their own roles.
- Filtering mode blocks the connections outside of your distance radius set by you whereas the Spectating mode doesn’t restrict the connections outside the distance radius limits.
Note- Users also have the option to select their distance radius limit by placing the slider of distance radius and the settings will be saved.
Netgear AX11000 Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
This Netgear AX11000 Tri-band Wi-Fi 6 router is known to be one of the best wireless networking routers that deliver the blazing fast wifi speeds of more than 10 GBPS. This Netgear router is very sleek in its design and very easy to set up.
The Tri-band technology offers the user two separate streams for data transfer in the 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel for high-speed Wi-Fi experience.
The two Gigabit LAN and WAN ports working concurrently provide an ultrafast multi-user experience. The eight external antennas also make sure that the users don’t have to roam here and there in search of better wifi signals as these eight external antennas make sure that sufficient intensity of the wifi signals is being broadcasted. When you are using the Netgear Nighthawk AX11000 Tri-band router, most likely you are not going to require a wifi range extender as this router’s embedded wifi signal coverage is extremely brilliant.
Some specifications of Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band AX11000 router have been listed below in order.
- Wifi Band– Tri- Band frequency
- Beamforming– Beamforming technology allows the router to project the wifi signal coverage to a specific area to which the user wants to project the wifi signals and thus increasing the wifi signal connectivity of the router.
- Ethernet Ports- 5 Ethernet ports are there in this router
- USB ports – Two USB 3.0 ports are given in the device
- Processor– Strong 64 bit Quad Core 1.8 GHz processor
Security– One touch VPN service embedded, Automatic Firmware updates also increases the efficiency, Guest network access (safe and secure)
How to set up and configure the Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band AX11000 router for internet and local network setup?
This is the necessary part of making the device usable for the internet and local area network setup. Netgear has provided several methods through which the users can gain access to the admin level configuration page of the router. The web address www.routerlogin.net, default IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and the Netgear Nighthawk application can be used in order to set this router up.
Follow the instructions below to get your Netgear Nighthawk AX11000 Tri-Band router configured.
- Connect the modem to the Internet port of the router with the help of an Ethernet cable; similarly, get your computer system connected to one of the LAN ports of the router with another Ethernet cable provided with your router.
- Note- the Ethernet cable should be of RJ45 type.
- Now, connect the power adapters to the devices and switch the power supply on, wait for few seconds until you see a solid green or amber LED.
- Now, open the web browser and enter this web link of www.routerlogin.net in its address bar and hit enter.
- Enter the login details like the username and password for which the default values are “admin” and “password”.
- Select the “Setup Wizard” and the setup wizard screen will be displayed on your system screen.
- The router will ask to detect the type of internet connection type itself. Select “yes” radio button and click “next” button. The router will detect the connection type itself.
- (For cable internet connections, the system will detect the Dynamic IP).
- Click “Next” and all the settings made will be saved and you are ready to use the router.
How do we know if we are connected to the internet or not?
To know if you are connected to the Internet or not, select the Maintenance section and then click the “Router status” under it
You have to look at the IP address and it should be a valid one. It should not be blank or only zeroes or some other invalid values.
What is Netduma?
Netduma R1 is an outstanding gaming router that has some exclusive technologies embedded in it that serves greatly to the gaming lovers. The Netduma R1 routers have its own DUMA operating system upon which it works. This Netduma gaming router has this unique technology of distance filtering, this distance filtering is one of the best features among several other features in it, you will get to know about this DUMA operating system and Netduma R1 router and it’s working below in this article.
How to set up the Netduma R1 router?
In order to set up the Netduma R1 gaming router, you will need to access the admin setup page of the router.
- Enter the IP address 168.88.1 or type in the web address http://R1 in the URL bar of the browser and hit enter.
- The system will check if the firmware of the Netduma R1 router is up to date or not, if not then get the firmware updated.
- For getting the high speeds, the system will ask the internet speed of your connection that you are subscribed to.
- Then Go to congestion control tab on the left of the router, and then click the “set bandwidth” tab.
- Input the bandwidths of your router provided by your service provider and click the “update bandwidth” button.
- Select the auto-setup option to get the internet and wifi speeds setup automatically.
- Netduma understands the need of its customers. Most of the times, when a single internet connection is being used in a home by several other beings of that house, the internet speed drops significantly and it ultimately decreases the internet speed.
- After this congestion control feature enabled on the router, all the persons using that single connection will not have to face any kind of buffer or lag in that connection.
Set the “Anti-flood” sliders to 70% for the downloading as well as uploading the cap.
When not gaming-
Set back the Anti-flood sliders to 100% for both the upload and the download cap.