Netgear Nighthawk AX12 router’s firmware update| routerlogin.net admin
Download the firmware for your Nighthawk AX12 router from the Netgear official support site as a zip file ensuring that it ends with .img or .chk extension. Save the required downloaded file on your desktop to use it for uploading during the firmware update process. The file requires to be unzipped before uploading on the Nighthawk AX12 router.
- Launch a web browser on the desktop computer that is connected to the Nighthawk AX12 router using the wired cable connection with Ethernet cable.
Note: it sis recommended to connect the computer and your Nighthawk AX12 router with the wired connection using ethernet cable for firmware upgrade process for avoiding any wireless network loss or interruption which is possible in wireless connections.
- Log to your Nighthawk AX12 router dashboard through routerlogin.net admin or routerlogin.com as default web address for netgear router login.
- The login window pops on the screen prompting to enter the default Nighthawk AX12 router login details.
- Enter the default router login user name and password mentioned on the Nighthawk AX12 router’s label, which is supposed to be admin and password respectively by default.
- The Nighthawk AX12 router dashboard will be reached out following routerlogin.net admin login.
- Select the advanced option on the Nighthawk AX12 dashboard.
- Click on the Administration option.
- Select the Firmware Update option on the dashboard located under the administration tab.
- On the Nighthawk AX12 dashboard – firmware update screen, select upgrading the firmware either by using the check button (for automatic firmware update) or using the choose file or browse button to locate zip file and upload the firmware file (for manual firmware update).
- Click on Choose File or Browse option on Nighthawk AX12 dashboard to upgrade the firmware manually.
- Locate and highlight the saved firmware zip file for Nighthawk AX12 router model on your desktop and click Open and Upload for manual firmware update.
- Your Nighthawk AX12 router will reboot after the latest firmware has been uploaded following routerlogin.net login.
- In case your Nighthawk AX12 router fails to reboot after the firmware upload, select the Router Status page to confirm whether the new firmware version has been successfully uploaded or not.