Parental Control is an amazing feature that delivers total control of the Internet to the users. With the help of this interesting feature, the users can filter websites, they can specify the users who are allowed to access the Internet, and they can even set the schedule for specific websites of a particular duration for which they can be accessed. The user by utilizing this feature can perform the filters on the number of users as well as on the number of websites. Parental control feature is applied through the web interface of the routerlogin.net and can also be configured through the Netgear Genie app.
Steps to setup Parental control feature in Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi router
- Launch a web browser in your wireless device connected to your home network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net on the web address of the browser. LAN IP address can also be used as a URL to get to the default gateway of the router. The IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1
- Hit enter, Netgear Router login screen appears on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username tab as the default username and mention the security key you mentioned earlier while signing in to the web interface of routerlogin.net. Both the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and homepage of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Go to the Parental Control tab, Live Parental Control dialogue box opens up on the screen.
- As live Parental control uses a free DNS account, if you have a DNS account then choose first radio button and if you do not have any DNS account then choose the second radio button.
- Now, select an option to use a filtering level then click on Next button
- As soon as you complete it, Click on Take me to the status page button, the status page displays telling you about the completion of the Setup page.
- Now after the configuration process you have to enable live Parental control option. For that click on the “Enable Live parental control” button.
How to change the admin Password in Netgear AC1750 Wi-Fi router?
Steps to change the admin Password in Netgear AC1750 Wi-Fi router
- Open a browser in your wireless computer connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Type routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 as the URL of the browser. 192.168.1.1 is the LAN IP address of the browser which sometimes used as an efficient link to get to the default gateway of the browser.
- Enter an appropriate username and password on the login window. Default username is “admin” and Default password is “password”. Click on login button and the home screen of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Go to Advanced tab, click on Administration tab and then click on Set password tab.
- Password Settings page appear on the screen.
- Type Old password on old password tab and type new password twice.
- In order to recover the password, select Enable Password recovery checkbox.
- Click on Apply button to allow the changes to take an effect.