Netgear routers have proven to deliver fast and more reliable Wi-Fi speeds at both short and long ranges compared to other networking or gaming routers. They have an easily accessible dashboard for getting through the router’s features and settings to personalize wireless network from the router as well connections to the other devices. Routerlogin.net allows to set up and login to the delivers solid performance handling crowded networks very well at both short and long ranges.
Netgear Nighthawk R6900P router is a Smart Wi-Fi router with a fast Wi-Fi performance and is loaded with advanced Wi-Fi technology for reliable networking and high end gaming experience.
- Delivers Solid performance
- Easy to setup through web browser (via routerlogin.net) or through Nighthawk app.
- functional load-balancing band steering feature which automatically assigns your Netgear Nighthawk R6900P router’s wireless network connected devices to the best wireless router band by distributing connected devices to its two wireless bands.
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band network for providing longer ranges.
- Solid Beam forming technology for hassle free and buffer free gaming and video streaming
- MU-MIMO technology for providing simultaneous streaming to multiple devices.
Netgear R6900P Nighthawk is a high-performance router and to get started, you need to get your router online by setting up and making it secure with the following steps:
Netgear router setup – Netgear Nighthawk R7000P router setup
- Remove the antenna caps from the back of the Nighthawk R7000P router.
- Attach the three antennae to the antenna ports
- Orient the antennas by setting the left and right antennae at about 45-degree angle.
- Plug in the Nighthawk R7000P router to a power source.
- You have to connect your modem by connecting the Ethernet cable from your DSL or cable modem to the bright yellow Internet port of your Nighthawk R7000P router.
- Connect your computer to the Nighthawk R7000P router using wired or wireless connections.
- Access the wireless internet settings on your computer and open them by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen on Windows.
- Under the wireless network connections, connect to your Nighthawk R7000P router with its unique name found on the bottom of the device and on a sticker in the packaging.
- Also enter the password for your connection which is included with your router.
- Connect the computer to the Nighthawk R7000P router using an Ethernet cable at one of the available four LAN ports on the router.
- Access the Netgear smart setup wizard by logging in to your Nighthawk R7000P router via routerlogin.net as explained below.
- Open the web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Nighthawk R7000P router’s wireless network.
- Type routerlogin.net as your default Netgear router login gateway or type Netgear router login router’s IP address http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then press Enter.
- A Nighthawk R7000P router login window opens.
- Enter the router user name and password for Nighthawk R7000P router login via routerlogin.net.
- The Nighthawk R7000P router default login user name is admin and the default password is password as is for all the netgear routers for default login via routerlogin.net.
- You will be directed to the Nighthawk R7000P router’s setup page automatically
Nighthawk R6900P router using the WPS wizard – Routerlogin.net
- Following routerlogin.net login to the dashboard, click on ADVANCED option and then click on the WPS Wizard tab, WPS connection note will get displayed.
- Select a radio button to select WPS setup method for Nighthawk R6900P router setup.
- Either select the Push button feature or the PIN Number radio button to connect to the Nighthawk R6900P router’s wireless network.
- go to the client device to get connected and use its WPS software to connect to the wireless or Wi-Fi network of Nighthawk R6900P router.
The WPS process for Nighthawk R6900P router setup automatically sets up your client device with the router’s wireless network using the wireless network password to connects to your network. The Nighthawk R6900P router WPS page displays the confirmation message after the setup of WPS connection using the WPS wizard.