Netgear Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi 6 router’s firmware Update – Routerlogin.net
For manual firmware update on Nighthawk AX8 router, you require to download the firmware for your router from the Netgear official support site as a zip file ending with .img or .chk extension. You should save the required firmware downloaded file on your desktop to use it during the firmware update process for uploading after unzipping the file.
- Launch a web browser on the desktop computer that is connected to the Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router using the wired connection by Ethernet cable.
Note: The wired Ethernet cable connection between the Nighthawk AX8 and your computer is recommended for firmware upgrade process for avoiding any interference in the wireless network and it is advised to not to use wireless connection mode.
- Log to your Nighthawk AX8 router through routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com as default web address for netgear router login in the address bar of the web browser.
- The login window pops on the screen prompting to enter the Nighthawk AX8 router login details.
- Enter the default Nighthawk AX8 router login user name and password in case you have not changed or personalized them on previous login attempt via routerlogin.net.
- The default Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router user Id is admin and the password is password by default.
- On successful routerlogin.net netgear router login, Basic home page of the Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router appears.
- select the advanced option on the Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router home setup page.
- Click on the Administration option.
- Select the Firmware Update option displayed under the administration.
- On the firmware update screen, select amongst the two options to upgrade the firmware on Nighthawk AX8 router by selecting the check button (for automatic firmware update) or by selecting the choose file or browse button to locate and upload the firmware file (manual firmware update).
- Click on Choose File or Browse option to upgrade the firmware on Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi 6 router manually.
- Locate and highlight the saved firmware zip file on your desktop and click Open and Upload it further to begin firmware update.
- Your Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router will reboot after the firmware has been uploaded following routerlogin.net.
If your Nighthawk AX8 Wi-Fi -6 router fails to reboot, go to the Router Status page to confirm whether the new firmware version has been successfully uploaded